What happens when you put 9 startups, 3 judges, 2 kegs, and a 100+ audience members together for 2 hours? Well….lots of cheers, laughs, and suds to start.
Last week Galvanize reignited its signature Pitchers & Pitchers event, but revamped as a local, quarterly pitch event held in each Galvanize market. The first event in this format was held on the Denver – Golden Triangle campus, and included pitches and feedback, high audience engagement, and all-around amazing energy. The teams that pitched included:
- Dencty, a platform for measuring how busy retail stores are
- Itydity, a 99Designs-esque market for musicians
- QPilot, an API for scheduled shopping experiences
- CampChamp, the place to find, review, and book kids’ camps
- BoulayBank, a platform for teaching financial literacy to students
- Soccer Sidekick, a training ball that gets you more game-like touches
- HeadsUp Weather, machine learning for forecasting your sales based on historical weather and sales data
- PocketChange, a micro-donation button for social to making giving back easy
- Boobi Butter, a breast salve that teaches and engages women in early breast cancer detection
Soccer Sidekick took home the grand prize, winning three free months of membership at Galvanize for their team.
You could say they “kicked” up the energy (I know, terrible…) by demo-ing their product on stage, focusing on their team and the traction they’ve made, and speaking at length on the patents and differentiation in their product. Itydity and HeadsUp Weather took the runner-up prizes – including a free curated mentor session with a Galvanize mentor or a fundraising session with an investor in the Galvanize community.
We couldn’t have asked for a better batch of companies, judges, or audience members to kick off Pitchers & Pitches again. Thanks to everyone who participated.
P.S. Want to pitch at our next Pitchers & Pitches event in New York City? Apply here!
Couldn’t attend? Watch the video from the live stream here: