Join Learn to Code San Francisco meetup to find other great Web Development events.
About the Event:
As developers, even if we’re good engineers, we sometimes struggle to get our dream jobs. Often, our dream employers need someone just like us. We may be the perfect fit. But, we find ourselves unable to “close the deal.” We may discover that it’s about more than just technical interviews or algorithms. At other times, a job hunt can be so intimidating that we stay in bad jobs for too long. Or we end up “settling” for a new job beneath our capabilities.
In this talk, developer-turned-coach Krishnan Rangachari will speak about how to master the job hunt for software engineers.
– Navigate the 3 biggest pitfalls that confront intelligent, ambitious developers during their job hunts
– Learn to be aggressive in unconventional yet introvert-friendly ways
– Set goals to accelerate your recruiting
– Discover the emotional psychology behind successful technical and behavioral interviews
– Step into a more authentic software engineering career
About the Speaker:
Krishnan Rangachari was the youngest-known Computer Science graduate in UC Berkeley’s history. At age 18, he joined Microsoft full-time, as the youngest-known engineer in Microsoft history. Krishnan was also the first Product Manager at TubeMogul, the youngest Principal Software Engineer at Practice Fusion, and among the first 10 engineers at Lithium Technologies.
6:00pm – Doors open, food & networking
6:30pm – Talk begins
8:00pm – Q&A and closing time
Galvanize is the premiere dynamic learning community for technology. With campuses located in booming technology sectors throughout the country, Galvanize provides a community for each the following:
To learn more about Galvanize, visit galvanize.com.