Want to learn how to code but never knew how to get started? This free course for pure beginners will explain the fundamentals of HTML and CSS to you as you get started on your journey to learning the basics of web development. Learn to Codes are taught by a community of students, alumni, and staff at Galvanize Seattle.
What You’ll Learn
• The foundations of HTML (structure, elements, tags, implementation)
• CSS (attributes, selectors, the box model, page layout)
How to Prepare
– Bring your laptop, fully charged (bring your charger just in case)
– Install the Atom text editor if you don’t have a text editor. Go here: https://atom.io/
– Install Google Chrome (any browser will do, but Chrome is preferred): https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/
Meet Your Instructor
Lee Ngo is an evangelist for Galvanize based in Seattle. Previously he worked for UP Global (now Techstars) and founded his own ed-tech company in Pittsburgh, PA. Lee believes in learning by doing, engaging and sharing, and he teaches code through a combination of visual communication, teamwork, and project-oriented learning.
About our Sponsor
Galvanize is the premiere dynamic learning community for technology. With campuses located in booming technology sectors throughout the country, Galvanize provides a community for each the following:
Education – part-time and full-time training in web development, data science, and data engineering
Workspace – whether you’re a freelancer, startup, or established business, we provide beautiful spaces with a community dedicated to support your company’s growth
Networking – events in the tech industry happen constantly in our campuses, ranging from popular Meetups to multi-day international conferences
To learn more about Galvanize, visit galvanize.com.