Learn to Code Seattle is taking its workshop to Bellevue! This event is especially for aspiring coders on the Eastside who hope to learn the basics of web development – free.
Special thanks to the King County Library System for providing us with their workshop space!
In this Learn to Code workshop, you’ll learn the essentials of HTML and CSS, both of which combine to make up the tools of virtually all web design.
What You’ll Learn:
• The foundations of HTML (structure, elements, tags, implementation)
• CSS (attributes, selectors, the box model, page layout)
How to Prepare:
– Bring your laptop, fully charged (bring your charger just in case)
– Install a text editor. We recommend Atom. Go here: https://atom.io/
– Install a web browser. We recommend Google Chrome: https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/
Meet Your Instructor:
Lee Ngo is an evangelist for Galvanize based in Seattle. Previously he worked for UP Global (now Techstars) and founded his own ed-tech company in Pittsburgh, PA. Lee believes in learning by doing, engaging and sharing, and he teaches code through a combination of visual communication, teamwork, and project-oriented learning.
About our Sponsor
Galvanize is the premiere dynamic learning community for technology. With campuses located in booming technology sectors throughout the country, Galvanize provides a community for each the following:
To learn more about Galvanize, visit galvanize.com.