We are combining our popular web development workshops into one immersive afternoon experience at Kent Library. This workshop is designed for pure beginners and aims to get them more comfortable with the basic practices and principles of coding like a professional. In true Galvanize fashion, this course will feature a main lecturer and several instructional assistants to create a community-style experience for learning.
This workshop will be limited to only 30 spots. Providing your own laptop is also required.
In this workshop, you’ll learn:
• The foundations of HTML (structure, elements, tags, implementation)
• CSS (attributes, selectors, the box model, page layout)
• How to build a basic functional web application
• 1:00 pm – 1:15 pm: Gather, mingle, introductions
• 1:15 pm – 2:45 pm: HTML & CSS Workshop
• 2:45 pm – 3:00 pm: Break
• 4:30 pm – 5:00 pm: Show and Tell
Beginner – no prior knowledge of code needed.
None, but if you’d like an advance look at what we might do, here are some links to our GitHub lessons:
How to Prepare (mandatory):
• Laptop (fully charged). Bring your charger, just in case.
• Text editor (recommended: Atom). Go here: https://atom.io/
• Web browser (recommended Google Chrome). Go here: https://chrome.google.com/
Meet Your Instructor:
Lee Ngo is an evangelist for Galvanize based in Seattle. Previously he worked for UP Global (now Techstars) and founded his own ed-tech company in Pittsburgh, PA. Lee believes in learning by doing, engaging and sharing, and he teaches code through a combination of visual communication, teamwork, and project-oriented learning.
About our Sponsor
Galvanize is the premiere dynamic learning community for technology. With campuses located in booming technology sectors throughout the country, Galvanize provides a community for each the following:
To learn more about Galvanize, visit galvanize.com.